Please feel free to come and work on your own projects or join us in our informal free motion quilting workshop. We hope you will make friends with your own machine, and leave with some ideas to help you improve your own skills.
This is what you need to bring:
- Sewing machine in good working order (we are not repairmen), and manual if possible.The ideal machine can drop its feed dogs, if yours does not drop the feed dogs we can modify it.
If your machine has an extension table, please bring it as well.
- 4 - 8, 18" square quilt sandwiches out of scrap fabric.
- Extra machine needles
- Thread for both the bobin and top stitching; a good contrast to the fabric will allow you to really see what is going on. You may even want to pre-wind a bunch of bobbins to save time.
- Extension cord.
- Free motion quilting foot/darning foot (the king with the spring). There are two examples below, and a walking foot if you have one.
- If you find the chairs at the hall a little low, you may want to bring a cushion to sit on.
- Quilting gloves is you have them, if not a good substitute is a pair of gardening gloves with griper fingers. Now is the perfect time of year to find some in town.
- some scrap paper and a pencil to practice drawing designs/ warm up.
- chocolate or your other favorite treat in case your start getting tense ;)
- other UFO projects to work on.
If you have not already done so, please RSVP to Dawn or myself so that we know how many people to expect.
Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!